For years the tiny log dance hall served the community. As its popularity grew, it was enlarged to meet the growing demand and became known as the Springhill Pavilion. The quaint building with the fold-down sides attracted musicians from all over the territory. The old-timers liked that the music resonated and the maple floor came to life under their feet. As time passed, the old water-powered industrial base of Springhill faded away 
but the popularity of the dance hall grew.  Over the years the hall became 
so popular that the ladies’ club lunches, sandwiches served at midnight, had 
to be accommodated next door in what is now referred to as the dining hall, 
built in 1934.

 

<Back    Next>

History Page 1 2 3 4 | Historical Timeline

All Design and content © Springhill Pavilion 2006